SA101 : Seafarers Earnings Deductions

SA101 : Seafarers Earnings Deductions

If you’re an employee and work at sea, you may be able to reduce your tax bill by getting the Seafarers’ Earnings Deduction.

To make the claim;

Click on + NEW PAGE 


Then add a Page for Other Income & Losses


Click on  + GROUP in Expenses


Select Seafare, patent reliefs, income not taxed in UK

Choose a Category from the Drop Down List


Enter the Required Details


In the Additional Information Box, you must include the names of all the ships that you worked on during the Tax Year. 


Click on SAVE

    • Related Articles

    • SA100 : Additional information BOX19 on TR7

      You can add information into BOX 19 on TR7 on the Almost There! page. Please press SAVE & CONTINUE then YES You will then be taken to the ALMOST THERE page. Then, scroll down to the text box to enter additional information you would like HMRC to see ...
    • How to fill in BOX 40 (Additional Information) in Residency SA109

      1. Click '+ NEW PAGE' located on the left of the screen and then scroll down until you see 'Residency (SA109)'. Select this option. 2. Scroll towards the bottom until you find 'Additional Information (Box 40)', then fill it in with any information ...
    • How to add information into Box 54 in Capital Gains SA108

      How to add information into Box 54 in Capital Gains SA108 1. Whilst under the 'Capital Gains (SA108)' tab, click 'EDIT' 2. Fill in the 'ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (BOX 54)' with whatever you require 3. Click 'SAVE' 4. Click on REPORT 5. Click on ...
    • SA101: How do I declare foreign income not taxable in the UK (Box 12)?

      1. Click on '+ NEW PAGE' and then select 'Other Income and Losses' 2. Click on '+ GROUP', select 'Seafare, patent reliefs, income not tax in UK' and then click 'SAVE' 3. Click '+ ADD' 4. Select 'Foreign Seafarers deduction' from the down-down list of ...
    • SA101 : How do I add a chargeable event to my tax return?

      If you have a chargeable event certificate and need to declare this on your tax return this is added as income on the Savings & Investments (SA100 & SA101) page. 1. Click '+ NEW PAGE' and then select 'Investments, Interest & Dividends (SA100 & ...