Using SimpleTax - An Overview
Here's an overview of how the system is used.
A Page is needed for each type of income or trade
- Click +New Page, select the page that matches the income to be added. More pages can be added as necessary
To record your Income and Expenses.
- Use the + boxes on the right-hand side to add additional detail lines
- Use the + boxes to break-down Income and Expenses for each page
- Click Check for Error
- Enter your HMRC credentials (or use ours if unsure)
- Enter your payment details (if not already paid)
- The system submits your return
A HMRC IR Mark reference number is displayed to confirm HMRC has your self-assessment return. A PDF copy of the return can be saved along with a copy of the SA302 tax calculation.
You can double check that the return has been submitted by going into SETTINGS and then SUBMISSIONS HISTORY.
other keywords: what to do; start; first time; need; understand; trouble; help; self-assessment; section; use; using