SA100 : Where do I record my pension contributions?

SA100 : Where do I record my pension contributions?

To receive tax relief for your pension contributions, please follow these instructions:


You are not entitled to any tax relief of pension contributions made by your employer directly into your pension pot.


If your pension contributions have been made by YOU and are deducted before tax is deducted, you receive the tax relief at source.

However, if your pension contributions are deducted after tax and you are a higher rate tax payer, you need to include the entry under SA102 Employment > EXPENSE > Pension Contributions > Personal/Registered pension scheme > Enter the NET contributions you have made.

  • Select the Employment Page



  • Click Add Group Expenses



  • Tick Pension



  • Click Save


  • Click on Add Pension




  • From the drop down list select Personal/Registered Pension Schemes



  • Enter the Amount of pensions contributions made. If your employer deducts your pension payments from your GROSS salary then these are NOT shown on your tax return as tax relief has already been received at source.



  • Click Save



If you have contributed to your personal pension or SIPP directly, you would enter the NET contributions in the same place as directed above under Personal/Registered pension schemes expense option. This will gross up your NET contributions and extend your tax bands.

    • Related Articles

    • SA102 : Personal Pension for Employment

      Select the Employment Page Click Add Group Expenses Tick Pension Click Save Click on Add Pension From the drop down list select Personal/Registered Pension Schemes Enter the Amount of pensions contributions made. If your employer deducts your pension ...
    • Pension Tax Relief

      Are you worried about your pension fund? Retirement is a daunting prospect, and saving for the future should always be a top priority. Today, SimpleTax  will explain the basics about pension tax relief; how does it work and what are the limits? ...
    • SA101 : Pension Savings Tax Charges

      Box 11.1 SA101 Ai4 This is for UK Registered Pension Schemes. Your pension scheme administrator should have given you the information you need to fill in this box On the Pensions and Benefits Page, Click on + INCOME     Select the income category: ...
    • SA100 : How Do I Record Pension Income?

      Click on Add New Page       Select Pensions and Benefits       Select Add Income     Choose a Category from the drop-down list       Enter the Amount and Click Save  
    • SA109 : How do I add a Personal Allowance if I am Non Resident?

      If you are Non Resident and entitled to claim the Personal Allowance, you need to claim this in the Residency pages. You need to go into the Residency Page, then click EDIT, then click on the Personal Allowances Tab and complete the relevant boxes.