SA106 : Why is my foreign employment income not showing on my tax calculation?

SA106 : Why is my foreign employment income not showing on my tax calculation?

To include your foreign employment income on your tax return, per HMRC guidance, you should:
1.      Include employment income on SA102 with no tax entered
2.      Include both employment income and tax paid on Foreign income SA106 pages.
3.      Manually calculate foreign tax credit relief (FTCR) using helpsheet 263

Firstly, you must add an Employment page SA102:

Include the Employment income only from the foreign country, with no tax paid figure entered in BOX 2. This brings the income into the calculation.

Next, you must add in Foreign Income SA106 pages:

Finally, you must use HS263 to calculate the maximum allowable tax credit against the foreign income per the double taxation treaty and enter this on the Foreign Income SA106 pages > EDIT > BOX 2 - FTCR


This should successfully include the income in your tax calculation and allow for the tax credit to be deducted too.

Please note, you can leave BOX 2 on Foreign income SA106 pages blank and submit your tax return if you wish for HMRC to calculate the FTCR on your behalf.

Guidance notes to help you:

    • Related Articles

    • SA106: How do I enter Foreign employment income with foreign tax paid?

      You will need to include both SA102 Employment and SA106 Foreign income pages 1. Click on NEW PAGE 2. Click on SELECT on SA102 Employment 3. Enter the EMPLOYER'S NAME… 4. Click on SAVE once entries complete 5. Click on EDIT 6. Enter the address of ...
    • SA106 : Foreign Income: Property Income Allowance

      Full Relief - If your property Income is less than £1000, the property allowance provides for full relief from income tax Not only is there no income tax to pay, but also no need to register with HMRC or file tax returns provided property income is ...
    • SA101 : Foreign Income not liable to UK Tax

      You’ll need Helpsheet 211, ‘Employment –residence and domicile issues’ to work out the amount to put in this section if you • are, will be or have been, non-resident or claiming split-year treatment and have been non-domiciled • are, or will be, ...
    • How to download my tax calculation

      1. Click on 'REPORT' located towards the top of the screen 2. If you just want to view your tax calculation, click the '+' symbol which has been highlighted below 3. Once you've clicked the '+', you will see the tax calculation for all of your ...
    • SA100 : Claiming loss relief against other income in same year

      If you make a loss in your self-employment, you can offset the loss against your other income in the same tax year. To do this, ensure your self-employment pages have been completed in full and head over to the REPORTS page and download a copy of ...